From Valentine’s Day last year, the world looks very different to what it once looked like. On this day last year, we knew little about the virus that would eventually sweep the earth. We also knew little of how much our everyday lives would change, too.
One positive we can all agree to take from this situation, is how much we appreciate, care and love not only our family and friends, but just spending quality time with them altogether; I think we subconsciously took this for granted. Whether the lockdowns have allowed you to grow a stronger bond and connection with your partner, or find love in what might be the only way possible right now with the many dating apps we have, we hope you’ve built an amazing connection.
This year we aim to show our appreciation and love to our Hylife Nutrition family in all the ways we can. We’ll be posting regular content including recipes (like the one at the bottom of this blog), information from professionals to help you along your health and fitness journey and just amazing content to keep you entertained! We’re also currently in discussions with some fantastic organisations on how we can show our love and give back to this amazing planet we live on that has given us so much over time. We truly believe we can make our own powerful impact and we can’t wait to start and share it with you. Stay tuned on social media platforms @hylifenutrition and www.hylifenutrition.co.uk for the updates.
For now, enjoy your Valentine’s Day. Although it may be a little different to how you would usually spend it, it’s ultimately who you spend it with. So, from all of us here, the Hylife Nutrition team would like to wish you an amazing Valentine’s Day filled with love.
Here’s a little Valentine protein pancake recipe for you to try. Don’t forget to tag us in on Hylife Nutrition socials to be in with your chance of a shout out.
Ingredients for a total of 8 pancakes:
• Sweetpea Pantry Buckwheat & flax pancake mix 220g
• 1 Medium ripe banana
• 200ml unsweetened almond milk
• Hylife Nutrition Mixed berry 30g
• Coconut oil 15ml
1. In a large mixing bowl, place all the ingredients in, apart from the coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients well until they’re all mixed in.
2. Heat up your frying pan with 15ml of coconut oil.
3. Once the oil has been heated up, pour in some of the mixture.
4. As soon as bubbles start to appear, flip the pancake over and do the same on the other side. (This only takes a couple of minutes so make sure you keep an eye out!)
5. Once they’re all done, feel free to add any toppings of your choice. Some favourites of ours include maple syrup, strawberries, blueberries or even just plain.
Macros (8 pancakes):
Total calories: 1032
Carbohydrates 201.2g of which sugars 4.1g Fats 12.8g of which Saturated Fat 1.3g Protein 35.1g